Who are we?
Traverse City Music Boosters, Inc. is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed more than 50 years ago to support Traverse City Area Public Schools (TCAPS) music education. Membership is open to all parents and community members. We support all music education at TCAPS, from the youngest pre-kindergarten learners through the most advanced high school students. If you have a child in a TCAPS music program, YOU ARE A MUSIC BOOSTER!
More About Us
Supporting all music students and teachers in Traverse City Area Public Schools today; visioning for the music education needs of tomorrow.
- President: Kevin Smiley
- Vice President: Linda Blakkan
- Secretary: Sherry Richards
- Treasurer: Andy Richards
- Grant and Scholarship Coordinator: Jill Jenkins
Our Board meetings are open to all who wish to attend. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday in January, April, June, August and November. In addition, the Annual Membership Meeting is held in September each year. Please come to the annual meeting to learn what TC Music Boosters do and how you can help while enjoying light refreshments and a performance by a TCAPS music ensemble. TCAPS music staff, parents and students are encouraged to attend. For more information, please refer to our Bylaws, Calendar and Meeting Minutes.
How You Can Help
Get involved! Donate an instrument, make a monetary donation, attend a TC Music Boosters Board meeting, volunteer at an event, purchase a flower for your favorite high school musical star or simply attend a TCAPS music concert and enjoy the talent!
Please complete our contact information form.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
TCAPS Administration Building
Conference Room C
412 Webster St.
Traverse City, MI 49686
All are welcome to attend. Please join us!
Click here for more information on monetary donations.
All monetary donations to the Traverse City Music Boosters are gratefully appreciated. Music Boosters runs on a tight budget with many services and supplies donated by active members. There are several ways to donate:
- Make a general donation to the Traverse City Music Boosters Operating Budget: Click here to donate now with a credit card. Or, write a check payable to ”TC Music Boosters“ and mail to TC Music Boosters, 412 Webster Street, Traverse City, MI 49686 (or drop off in the TCAPS Music Office, 933-7570). Donations will help pay for student scholarships, costs associated with the Annual Benefit Concert in the spring, and student award plaques.
- Make a donation to our growing endowment fund held at the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation: Help grow this fund so that the annual disbursement is sufficient to fund ALL Music Booster scholarships. Checks should be made payable to ”GTRCF — TC Music Boosters Endowment“ and mailed to GTRCF, 250 E. Front Street, Ste. 310, Traverse City, MI 49684.